Can you settle my case?

The plaque in Louis’s office says, “It can be done.”  That’s our motto and our commitment to you.

Our job is to get you the best resolution possible for your unique situation.  With our 50-plus combined years of experience, we know how to negotiate resolutions that fit clients’ needs and are acceptable to the IRS.

Can you get penalties and interest waived?

We can often get penalties waived, but not interest.

Can you prepare taxes in-house?

Yes.  Jacqueline Burke, EA formerly of Tax Consulting Services prepares income tax returns for our firm.  She has been certified as a Fellow of the National Tax Practice Institute as well as an Enrolled Agent with over 20 years of professional tax preparation experience.

Who can you help?

Our clients are accomplished, highly-skilled professionals.  Many are in business for themselves including doctors, dentists, and attorneys  and many owe $100,000 or more in back taxes.  They are experts in their fields, but not in tax negotiation. That’s why they come to us.

What is an enrolled agent?

An enrolled agent is a federally licensed tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and is licensed to represent taxpayers for audits, collections and appeals before the Internal Revenue Service.

Only enrolled agents, attorneys and certified public accounts may represent taxpayers before the IRS.  However, enrolled agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice directly from the federal government.

And enrolled agents are the only tax practitioners required by federal law to maintain their Tax expertise through continuing professional education (CPE).  Enrolled agents like us who are members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents complete additional hours of CPE beyond the federal requirement.

What services do you provide?

There are many possible routes to resolving tax cases.  I liken it to a tree with many branches.   These alternatives include:

  • Offer and compromise
  • Innocent spouse relief
  • Uncollectable status
  • Installment agreement
  • Bankruptcy
  • Penalty abatement
  • Protection against levy
  • Trust fund recovery defense

We help clients determine the process that best fits their needs and is most likely to be accepted by the IRS.

How much do your services cost?

Costs are determined by the complexity of the case and the length of time needed to resolve it.  Specialized tax services are commensurate in cost with services like those of an attorney or accountant.  The best way to determine an estimate for your case is through a consultation meeting.  To schedule a consultation with us, call 919-846-6385.

How long will it take to get my case settled?

Many clients are several years behind on their taxes when they call us.  It can take a year or more to work through the settlement process.  Other cases are resolved quickly.  It all depends on the complexity of the issues.